- All sites to have hand sanitiser available for workers to use.
- As much as possible, construction programmes will be adjusted so that subcontractors are not all on site at the same time, eg monday carpenters, tuesday plasterers etc.
- Social distancing measures:
– Staggered meal breaks for all workers on site.
– Encouraged workers to keep a distance of 1.5m from each other.
– Minimised group meetings and gatherings.
– Utilising video conferencing over face-to-face meetings as much as possible.
- Daily Cleaning of DY Constructions Australia sites
– Cleaning and sanitising at all Dy Constructions Australia sites has increased, including all hard surfaces (handrails, benches, bathrooms, kitchens and desks)
- Supplier Deliveries – most suppliers have tablet based “sign on glass” delivery systems at their warehouse.
- Customer Pick-ups – workers to sign on tablet as above.
- Worker Feeling unwell – all workers who are feeling unwell should stay at home, notify their project manager and call their GP. Any worker who experiences flu like symptoms, must stay away from the workplace and present a medical certificate stating they are fit for work on their return.
- Workers Personal hygiene – all tradesmen, subcontractors and suppliers are required to follow good hygiene practices including hand washing, cough/sneeze into elbows, not shaking hands and keeping a safe distance in line with the Government recommended social distancing measures.
- Personal hygiene signage has been put up in all DY Constructions Australia sites .
- Potential exposure – any workers on DY Constructions Australia sites who have had close contact with anyone who has recently arrived from overseas needs to notify their Project Manager and potentially isolate themselves for 14 days. If in isolation, they need to be tested and cleared for COVID-19 with a medical certificate before returning to work. For example; someone who has an overseas visitor staying in their house.
- We’ve issued a freeze on both domestic and international travel where possible.
- If required DY Constructions Australia has an After Hours Service where we can complete some of the fitout works outside normal business hours.
- We have our own storage facility in Sydney, where we stock most of the standard materials required for office fitout projects so as to minimise contact at suppliers etc.
- If required, appointments for our Project Managers to inspect offices and take measurements etc can be early in the morning before 8am or after 5pm when there are very few office workers on site.
- Project Managers to, at a safe personal distance, conduct frequent ‘Toolbox Talks’ to all workers and subcontractors, to ensure self-isolation policies are adhered to and increased general cleanliness and hygiene practices are implemented. This includes staged meal breaks, social distancing from any non-essential individuals and restriction of non-essential site visitors.
- DY Constructions Australia’s site induction process has been modified, for all site workers to require declaration of any recent travel outside Australia and/or close contact with any positive COVID-19. Individuals meeting any of the self-isolation criteria will not be allowed onsite
- Signage will be erected close to the site entry area, advising any visitor who meets the self-isolation criteria to notify Site Foreman or Project Manager. Such individuals will not be allowed onsite or in our offices.
- Project Managers will communicate in writing to all subcontractors to remind them of their requirement to comply with self-isolation policies.